Sunday, August 26, 2012

Ember Review!





 

How are you supposed to start a book review when the book left you speechless? The only word that can begin to describe “Ember” by Jessica Sorensen is WOW! Ember is a story about a girl who can sense when people will die by touching them. It’s not easy being surrounded by death all the time but Ember learns to cope, until she meets Asher Morgan. She cannot sense his death, only the calm he brings her and she is instantly hooked.

This book is an amazing new look at a story many of us have heard. Jessica does it again, completely blowing your mind and pulling you into a world so beautifully created you couldn’t stop yourself even if you tried. She uses her amazing ability to make you fall for all of her characters whether you love them or hope they fall in a lake.

There are too many wonderful moments in this book to choose just one, but one of my favorite quotes is:  “Some guys like that.” “No they don’t.” He flicks his tongue ring against his teeth. “I want you to give me a shot- I want you to let me in and let me get to know you.” Asher Morgan, I would love to get to know you! **drool**

This book gave me goose bumps so many times I lost count but I do know it was AT LEAST once a chapter. I will warn you now, when you pick up this book you will not be able to put it down until you are finished. Then you’ll sit pining for the next book in the Death Collectors Series. The fourth slam-dunk for author Jessica Sorensen.

Don’t forget to check out Jessica’s other series: The Fallen Star, The Lost Soul and Darkness Falls.  Also, get ready because Jessica has another book coming out at the end of September, “The Secret of Ella and Micha." For teasers and info on her other books check out her blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment