Monday, October 29, 2012

Branded Review

 
This book had me hooked from the first sentence!!!!!

“When you go 108 hours, four and a half day without sleep, your body starts to do strange things.”

Branded is a story about Jessica Bailey, a 20 year-old girl cursed to be judged and damned every time she falls asleep. She lives alone acting as caretaker of the Wright’s home on Lake Samish. It is good for her, no one can hear her scream as she is branded and condemned every time the sleep overtakes her. One day Alex shows up and informs Jessica his grandparents, the Wright’s, have passed and her world begins to change. Suddenly she seeks out the company of others and begins to have feelings for Alex. That is when things start changing… her nightmares change and a mysterious new man moves in 2 houses over. She doesn’t know why, but she tells Alex everything and he believes her. Will she find a way to stop the nightmares, will she find out why Cole is so familiar and yet so terrifying, will she finally accept the love Alex offers? Read Branded, the first book in the Fall of Angels Series to find out.

This book had me from the very beginning. Keary’s ability to create a situation so horrifying and yet beautiful is a gift to behold! The way she was able to portray the change in emotions between Jessica and Alex help me up all night reading. Even the secondary characters like Sal and Emily were as realistic ans well thought out. About half way through the book I thought I knew the ending and I am SO glad I was wrong. The worst part about tis book was that I reached the acknowledgments way before I wanted to finish reading, but the silver linins is that it is a series and I don’t have to wait for the next book!

So, if you will please excuse me, I am diving straight into Forsaken: Book 2 in the Fall of Angels series.  

Check out Branded on Amazon its FREE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment