Friday, September 14, 2012

Body and Soul Review





When I saw the title of this book, I was intrigued. When I read the first chapter I was enthralled. When I made it to the third chapter I was enslaved! 


Body and Soul by Jamie Loeak follows the summer vacation of Kate, the daughter of a lawyer and a marine biologist. When they move to Florida for the summer, Kate is forced to start all over again, but by now she is used to it. Her second day at the beach house she meets Rico, and that’s when her world changes. Her move to this quaint beach town begins her spiral into the world of Light and Dark and Kate is stuck in the middle. As Kate’s nights continue to get weirder, her friendship with Rico and Adrianna gets stronger, for the first time in a long time she has friends. When Rico sits Kate down and tells her what is really happening to her, things start to click for Kate and she is forced to make a decision lie down or fight. With the help of Rico and Adrianna, Kate fights the darkness and the demons trying to possess her soul, all while falling in love for the first time. Ah vacation.

This book is an amazing first to the series by young author Jamie Loeak. With part of the story set in my hometown, and the part in a city I live near now, I can honestly say she does a beautiful job capturing the character of her settings. Her attention to detail and ability to give you just enough will pull you through this book until you can’t handle it anymore and you will LOVE IT! I think this is the first of many great books from this wonderful new author and I cannot wait for the next book in the series. You really will love this book, body and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment