Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Secret of Ella and Micha Review


Yes, please. Thank you, may I have some more? Holy Cow! Really that’s the one phrase I can think to use to describe the newest book from Jessica Sorensen. This book is unlike any of her other books and she still hits the nail right on the head.

The Secret of Ella and Micha is the story of two young adults who find themselves in a catalytic moment that changes everything. After that night, Ella disappears to the one place no one will find her, college, and Micha is forced to deal with the loss of his best friend. 8 months later everything changes. After months of searching, Micha finally catches a glimpse of someone who looks like she could possibly be Ella and he gains a new fervor in his search of her. Ella, on the other hand, can’t stay in the dorms forever and has to go home for the summer, where only a tree and a chain link fence separate her new life from her old.

Her college roommate and only girl friend, Lila, embarks on this journey back home with Ella only to find out Ella may not be the person Lila thinks she is. Ella doesn’t get much time before the tingles of her old life come back and she forces herself to regain composure and not fall back into her same bad habits. This is working out fine for Ella until they see each other. When Micha sees Ella get out of the car he cannot help but go to her. With 8 months of searching he finally finds her and it is far from the reunion he hoped for. Can this change over time? Can Micha get through this Barbie shell that holds the girl he longs for so deeply? Can Ella face what changed her and finally come to terms with her less than happy past? Check out the Secret of Ella and Micha when it comes out in a few weeks to find out!

Until then, here are some of my favorite teasers.
- I head for the side door of my house, but Micha blocks path, his hand coming down on the car like a railroad track barricade. He drags his lip ring into his mouth, with a passionate look on his face, like he might kiss me or something. Then he leans toward my ear, lowering his voice to an intimate level. “Come with me somewhere. Please. I’ve been waiting eight months to talk to you.”
I flinch at my body’s fiery reaction that his voice emits. “I can’t talk to you, Micha.” I back up, bumping my hip on the edge of the car. Tears threaten up, but I haven’t cried in over a year and I refuse to break down now. Spinning on my heels, I rush for my house.

-“I said I was fine, Micha.” Her voice is tight as she forces back the tears. The girl never lets herself cry, even when her mom died.
“No you’re not,” I say, steering her by the shoulders toward me. “And you need to let it out.”
She shakes her head, staring at the floor. “I can’t.”
I tuck my finger under her chin and raise her head up. “Yes, you do. It’s killing you inside.”
Her shoulders quiver as she leans into me. Her head rest against my chest and she lets me rub her back. It’s not much, but it’s enough.


Jessica Sorensen has outdone herself this time. This book is very different from everything else she has written and it only goes to show what an amazing author she truly is. She developed her characters so well, there is not a moment of their lives you weren't a part of and it only makes the ride better. If you've loved every other book Jessica has written prepare to have your mind blown. She will have you begging for more!



No comments:

Post a Comment